Slow Beer

Monday, June 18, 2007

How CUB Rips You Off.....(again)

So I guess we have made our thoughts previously known around that great Victorian beer Stella Artois winning the Premier's award for top local beer at the recent AIBA.....

Anyway, recently we were given the opportunity to acquire Stella and other crap CUB / Lion Nathan affiliates through a direct import channel and guess what.....they are f%$^&%$ heaps cheaper than what we pay through the duopoly. In the case of Stella the wholesale price is over 25% lower.

I must be thick.....how can CUB charge me a wholesale price for a locally brewed version for Stella yet I can buy the real deal from Europe and lower my retail price by 25%???

Nice work CUB - another con job successfully applied to the punters!!!

New Prices
Stella now $14.90 per 6-pack (down from $19.00)
Corona now $16.90 per 6 pack (down from $17.90)
Becks $14.90 per 6 pack
Cintra $11.00 per 6 pack (Brazil)
Salitos $11.00 per 6 pack (Germany - huh?)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Salitos, is that the tequila 'beer'?

    Sound weird and I am not sure if I want to try that!

    RE- CUB that is kinda unbelievable. But again they are not brewers, just money makers.

    By Blogger Anoeses, at 10:16 am  

  • Can't blame em....they work for the shareholders, not beer geeks. And I'm ok with that. Just don't pretend to give a shit about the product.

    By Blogger Stewart Went, at 8:46 pm  

Post a Comment



<< Home


 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter